From Alexis Richardson's talk at operatingsystems.io on 25 November 2014 - 7+1 new myths for New OS:
- The application lifecycle is independent of the OS
- Distributed systems require a panoply of new skills and tools.
- Apps must be fundamentally rewritten, and tooling replaced.
- Platforms are better at designing your app than you are.
- You really need an all inclusive system.
- Dev/test and production need different tooling.
- Coordination is a platform concern not an app level concern.
- Docker will solve all known problems of computing