facetiously curated list of delightfully amusing Markov chain output, inspired by memorylessness
aka "the Markov property" (the memoryless property of a stochastic process - i.e. randomness).
What's a markov chain, and why is it funny?
- "I Spent an Interesting Evening Recently with a Grain of Salt" - The Original Prank (archive.org).
Some of my favourites from the list:
- Headline Smasher - Fake headlines created by smashing up real headlines.
- Subreddit Simulator - The most confusing subreddit (often on the front page).
- The Doom That Came to Puppet - Mutations on Puppet documentation and the assorted works of H. P. Lovecraft.
- King James Programming - Combined King James Bible, Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, and some of Eric S. Raymond's writings.
- Git man page Generator - Suspiciously believeable (but incorrect) Git documentation.
- @erowidrecruiter - Erowid trip reports and tech recruiter emails.
- @HNTitles - HN Titles.
- Garkov - Transcripts of old Garfield strips.
- That Can Be My Next Tweet - Generates your future tweets based on the DNA of your existing messages.